04-24-2014 10:21 AM
i hv bought a new hp envy 15 - j110tx laptop 25 days earlier..and i m facing issues with the 4 usb 3.0 ports provided in it..whenever i connect my transcend storejet ext hdd which has usb 3.0,my system gives transfer speeds of 30-40 mbps which are the speeds of usb 2.0..however the very first day it was giving speeds upto 100mbps but now it is reset to around 35 mbps..please help me out.
04-25-2014 02:52 PM - last edited on 03-06-2017 02:10 PM by OscarFuentes
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I see that your USB transfer rates have dropped dramatically since the first day.
Here are some steps you can try.
1. Uninstall and Reinstall the USB driver in Device Manager
2, Do a Refresh PC Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 8)
3. Do a restore back to a known good date. Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 8)
4. Do a factory recovery Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
During the recovery process you will receive a prompt to backup your personal data, if you have not done this yet, I suggest that you do it now to prevent data loss. Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8)
You also have the option to contact HP support for help.
Please call HP technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. HP Technical Support Sitemap
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot