lairdwh Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

usb type-c power connector port: Is there a smaller charger that would work.

Spectre x360-15t Touch laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The charger for the computer seem unnecessarly large and heavy.  Are there other chargers out there in the world that would fit, be electrically compatible, and work?

Chargers are rated in Volts and Amps.  If the Volts are right (and the pins are right), and if the charger is underpowered (low Amps), all that should happen would be the machine would run down much more slowly, (and recharge overnight).

So how many charging Amps are required by this machine?  And are there other chargers that might work?  How should I search for them?

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
38149 37969 5796 10070
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This one will work:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Smart-Power-Adapter-N8N14AA/dp/B017AAHKKU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=149191776...

I am using it with my Spectre 13-v which also came with a monster charger. This one is more normal-sized. It is a bit slow to charge the battery but otherwise works without a hitch. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
lairdwh Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am replying to my own question.  What do you think?????

It looks like I can plug this devide into my type-c power port, and not only will it power my laptop, but it will provide 4 powered USB 2.0 (not 3.0) ports.

What do you think?  (I think I'm wrong.  I think it wont do data, just power, through the ports)

USB Type-C, Anker Premium 5-Port 60W USB Wall Charger PowerPort+ 5 USB-C with Power Delivery for Apple MacBook, Nexus 5X / 6P and PowerIQ for iPhone, iPad, Samsung & More

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Premium-Charger-PowerPort-Delivery/dp/B01D8C6ULO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid...

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation