Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
2MW37UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my computer statsmy computer stats

I am trying to play Ark Survival Evolved and I currently have 4 g ram so I want to buy a 4g or 8g ram chip, and I also need a  Intel Core i5-2400, I dont know if that is a chip or not but I dont know where to buy these things, or if they are the right type for my computer, Please tell me if my computer is capable for these to be installed. Game Requirments

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MDwesman 

• 1. CPU:  Yes: but you have to buy more hardware: for start fans, power supply.. I don't know you want to spend money for this just for a game. The book shows you how to replace the system board
  • 2. RAM: Yes, RAM will increase performance a bit but the main bottle neck is CPU. For that game, the GPU of your machine won't run as designed.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MDwesman 

Your machine is an HP Notebook - 15-bs010ds, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05811137

1. For RAM:  It ONLY has 1 slot of RAM. You can REPLACE 4GB with 8GB (max) using

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr3/ct102464bf160b/ct12050765

2. For CPU: No, you can't. CPU is soldered to the System board which contains

(a) Motherboard,

(b) CPU with integrated video,

(c) Dedicated Video card (if applicable),

(d) Operating system (you can't reuse old license).

All above 3 or 4 components are on one piece of hardware called System board. That means you would be able to upgrade to other CPU (if available) but very expensive.

If you wish to go ahead, please use a list on page 1 of the following manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257.pdf

Unfortunately you can't upgrade to 15W CPU, only 6W CPU because your machine does not have fan(s).

In short: your machine CAN'T play the game as required.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your detailed response, I really appreciate it, but I have two more questions before I submit this solved.                       So I cant upgrade my Intel® Pentium® N3710 to a Intel Core i5-2400 (15W CPU) but I can upgrade it to 6W CPU, would this upgrade involve downloading or doing it in the computer settings, or opening up the computer and taking something out and replacing it?                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Second question, If I open up my computer and replace My 4GB with 8GB RAM will it increase my performance in FPS in my game (I can already open up the game but its fps is really bad) or will it not matter?

HP Recommended

@MDwesman 

• 1. CPU:  Yes: but you have to buy more hardware: for start fans, power supply.. I don't know you want to spend money for this just for a game. The book shows you how to replace the system board
  • 2. RAM: Yes, RAM will increase performance a bit but the main bottle neck is CPU. For that game, the GPU of your machine won't run as designed.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.