Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0013dx  by adding an additional 8 gig's of ram. Will doing this myself void or cancel the factory warranty?. I would prefer not to pay a small fortune to a tech for 5 minutes of work that I could easily  myself. 😄

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PAD568 

This is a 64 million dollars question, no concrete answer. Its manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06446633.pdf

which says on page #1: it has Two SODIMM slots, customer accessible/upgradeable therefore anything went wrong due to the upgrade HP many not accept warranty claim.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Paper Manual's not included with product. 😕 I should have thought of Checking  HP for a digital  one . Thank you for taking the time help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.