Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 14s-cf1028tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
can i upgrade my wireless card ? internal wifi card only have one antenna. but if can upgrade for dual antenna i will route for second antenna wire
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLVED !!!

i was upgrade my wifi card to dual band dw1820a without any problem, just add second antenna patch 

thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can do a direct swap of the RTL8723DE with this AC card...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)     HP part # L17365-005.

This card works with only one antenna.

The only place I have been able to find this model is on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The Realtek 8821CE wifi card will have a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router.

HP Recommended

thanks for the answer,

but, can i replace with dw1820a ?

its has same connectore but 2 antenna

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Not unless you are willing to take the whole notebook apart in order to run a second antenna cable.

If you are not paying for more than 500 MB internet service, I don't see the point in going through all that trouble.

You're only going to get the download speeds you are paying for.

The only advantage to having a faster wireless card would be if you transfer a huge amount of files across your home network.

HP Recommended

SOLVED !!!

i was upgrade my wifi card to dual band dw1820a without any problem, just add second antenna patch 

thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.