Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wndows updating problem

hp notebook p016au
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

when windows recomened the important updates 
i select download 
then notebook restarted and hen updates installing after few seconds screen shown sorry we cant update your window
undoning updates

plz tell me whats the problem

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wndows updating problem

HI @Engrkhalid393,

Thank you for your inquiry. I understand that Windows notified you of an update and you selected download, then the notebook restarted and proceeded to install the updates. You saw the message that the update could not be configured, reverting changes. You are unsure why this occurred.

Here is a link to the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Open the Windows update troubleshooter as it may help overcome this issue. Here is a link from support.microsoft.com that may also help.  "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" error when y...  Please let me know the results.

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Engrkhalid393 Tutor
Tutor
25 18 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wndows updating problem

i tried as us guide but it didnt work
give some other guideness

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wndows updating problem

Hi @Engrkhalid393,

Thank you for the update.You could try installing the update in safe mode.  HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎. Have you checked for viruses and malware? If you are still unable to install the updates,you could try a restore back to when you were able to install updates or do a recovery back to the factory settings. HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎. If that is not possible, then a recovery is the next step. HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 😎 Should you choose to do the recovery. there is an option during the recovery process to backup your personal data to prevent loss if you have not yet done one. HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 😎.  Please keep me updated.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation