simonmarshall
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

x360 battery drains when shutdown 10% per day

HP Pavilion x360 14-dh0525sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a brand-new HP Pavilion x360 14-dh0525sa about a month ago and noticed that the battery does not retain charge when shutdown.  I tend to leave it on charge when using it, shutdown when finished using it, and remove from the power supply.  Each time I've booted it up, I've noticed the battery has lost ~10% of its charge per day of shutdown.  I've verified via EventViewer that the laptop had not woken up since I shut it down.  When I showed the shop the evidence for this, they swapped it for a new model, however the new laptop has the same issue.

Surely it is not normal for the laptop to lose so much charge when shutdown?

How do I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Timbont
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have the same problem on my Pavilion x360, I have installed all the newest updates inc Bios. I have completed everything HP recommends with diagnostics. Nothing improves the problem. I have read about something called Sphinx but I don't know what it is. HP obviously has a problem and are trying to hide it.  

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,687 6,688 623 711
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Timbont

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

simonmarshall
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Timbont

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Hi @Asmita6658, did you mean to reply to me, the original poster of this issue? I have not had a private message from an HP contact, but I really want my issue investigated, preferably without returning my laptop to HP.

Today, I turned on my laptop after being away. It was fully charged when shutdown 8 days ago. When I booted it up, the battery was at 7%.  I verified via event viewer that the laptop had not rebooted itself while I was away.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation