Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-e061sr
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Здравствуйте, купил и поставил SSD диск на место DVD-привода, перенес ОС систему на SSD накопитель. Но ОС по умочанию загружается с HDD диска. Как изменить приоритет загрузки дисков с HDD на SSD ?

Hello, bought and put a SSD drive in place of DVD drive, moved the OS system on a SSD. But the OS defaults to boot with the HDD drive. How to change the boot priority of the disks from the HDD to the SSD ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @KpaKeH

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

You need to dig and look at the BIOS and configure the boot priority and BOOT OPTIONS.

In order to load BIOS/UEFI settings:

- Please, shutdown the computer completely using the power button (press and hold it for a few seconds until PC powers off completely). If you have an external battery (removable battery), get it out for a few seconds and then reinsert it back.

- Power the computer back on.

As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap) before any logo appears. This should open a HP Startup Menu

- Choose F10 to open BIOS/UEFI settings.

- Look for boot priority and BOOT OPTIONS

Do not forget to save the changes before exiting BIOS.

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Yes, I found the Boot Options, after changing the priority in the UEFU Boot Order and Legacy Boot Order on the DVD drive. Unfortunately did not help.

I can boot the OS into SSD, but only with the F9 Boot Manager menu. When I go to the menu, there are 3 choices (appears without numbering):

1. OS boot manager - boot OS from HDD;

2. OS boot manager - boot OS from SSD;

3. Boot From EFI FILE

By default, the OS is booted from the HDD.

Да я нашел Boot Options, после менял приоритет в UEFU Boot Order и Legacy Boot Order на привод DVD. К сожалению не помогло.

Могу загрузить ОС в SSD, но только с помощью меню F9 Boot Manager. Когда захожу в меню, появляется 3 варианта выбора (появляется без нумерации):

1. OS boot Manager - загрузка ОС с HDD;

2. OS boot Manager - загрузка ОС с SSD;

3. Boot From EFI FILE

По умолчанию грузится с HDD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.