07-17-2017 11:39 AM
Hi all - just spent an hour on w tech support and searching/googling for help, unfortunately nothing has worked. Figured I would ask here before I do a dreaded system wipe.
New 840g3 - less than a month of use, no issues until today. Go to turn it on, goes directly to a black screen with text saying something like "failed to turn on / recover from hibernate" and gave me 2 options -continue with starting or something like "reset hibernate memory"
I first tried continue, and it brought me to a black screen - nothing. Rebooted
Then chose the second "reset hibernate" etc option - sort of seemed like it did something for a second, but then to black screen.
It powers on fine, button lights are fine, I can see the HP logo and text on bottom left side, and get to ESC menu ok. But it will not load no matter what I do.
What I have tried:
1. CS had me update bios, check that bios option - something like "when lid is open" was checked, and there was a BIOS update that completed successfully, however that did not solve the problem.
2. Ran just about every test within ESC menu - all of them passed.
3. Reseated the memory as I read on another thread that might affect screens / cause a black screen. Did not help.
Any other suggestions other than doing a hard reset? I may have used the unit 15 times if that, and it was bought new- first owner. ALSO - when I go to system restore from the ESC menu, it DOES NOT work - just brings me back to the black screen. I do have the HP recovery discs which I'm hoping would work, but who knows.
Windows 7 64bit, which is the original OS and it was brand new when it got to me.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)