Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-al062nr W2L32UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

This laptop is charging battery till 42 percent and then it stops. it never gets fully charged. I was searching and i found some bios updates. I installed the latest which is F.52 Rev.A but i was shocked to see that the battery fix is in F.45 Rev.A and 
F.42 Rev.A. The latest F.52 Rev.A  update doesnt seem to be a cumulative release. I tried to install F 45 Rev A and the bios update program did not give the option to install. It was diabled. I think it is because ihave the latest bios update. pls help me how to install F45 Rev A and F42 Rev A to my laptop when i already have F 52 Rev A. I think the Bios update is not allowing since i have the alatest already..

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rmichael75, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Before installing the older version of firmware, let us try these steps that may resolve this issue: 

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

If the issue persists, Click here to run a battery test on the PC.

To download and install F.45 Rev.A version of firmware, click here

If this does not work, then follow the steps under 'Create a USB recovery drive' in this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I have done the following. 

1. I uninstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and installed again. Didnt help.

2. I did a battery test with the link that you gave. It told be battery check passed but battery has to be caliberated. 

3. I ran a batter check and calibration from the options i got from the System Diagnostics option from doing esc during start up.  After it ran for 5 to 6 hours (Dont know how long. I slept off), it finally told me that Caliberation failed.. Battery check primary replace 42. Still the component check below passed. Now i think battery is not charging at all. 

4. Now i am going to try and move the bios to Rev 45 which has a battery update. I dont understand why Rev 52 is not a cumulative update with all the fixes till 52.. :(. Is there any way to confirm that Bios 52 has the updates from bios v 48 pls?. That will save me from doing this bios update. I am worried that it might spoil the laptop but doing this usb bios downgrade. I tried to revert to older version of bios thru the diagonostics screen but its current and previous version was V 52. i dont know why. 

If all else fails then i will need to change battery. My issues is that it is a Bios issue, even after a new battery, there will be problems right?. 

Really disappointed with HP for now with this problem.... I have like 4 to 5 other laptops from HP till now and a total of may be purchase 10 laptops for me and family over the past 10 to 15 years.. One failed Motherboard after very limited use and burned 400 dollars.. this is having battery problems.. Anyway... Thanks for your help.. And will update as i proceed with usb bios update. 

HP Recommended

@rmichael75

I see that you got the message: "Calibration failed.. Battery check primary replace 42". This seems like an issue with the battery and BIOS has nothing to do with it. Please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.