cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,423 1,657
Message 11 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bingbang

Sure, Stuart. 

I'll follow-up with you in a few days.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
40 35 1 2
Message 12 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

I have reset the laptop using the Windows Reset PC method. I will let you know how this goes in the next few days of use.

Thanks for your assistance so far!

Stuart

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 13 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bingbang

Sure, Stuart. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
40 35 1 2
Message 14 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

Now being frustrated, I performed the Windows PC reset method (took overnight to install completely), and did a restart, and this time it took just over 4 mins to boot up and be completely on the Windows screen, then blue screen came back up "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" again.

I don't know what else to do, as it is now out of warranty, but this was notified with HP before the warranty expired and the support team advised various methods, all never worked.

What can I do now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 15 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bingbang

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
40 35 1 2
Message 16 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Asmita for your assistance. I sincerely hope they contact me and help resolve this issue. It is my daughter's laptop for her school work, but she has had issues with it, no end!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
40 35 1 2
Message 17 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

Do you know when this team will get back to me on this issue?

Thanks,

Stuart

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 18 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Friend! I have the same problem that I just can’t solve!
Did the help desk help you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
40 35 1 2
Message 19 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, after various things to try, I have managed to resolve the 2 different blue screen issues.

The final straw was to create a backup of my documents onto an external drive and perform the Reset My Laptop routine completely. The fresh rest did the trick (touch-wood), and we have had no issues whatsoever.

Prior to the reset, they logged on remotely and performed various uninstalls such as the Intel graphics card drivers, the NVidia drivers, but none of those worked.

I suggest you contact HP Support and create a new case so they can advise you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
40 35 1 2
Message 20 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, I got the blue screen whilst closing my laptop lid and re-opening. I think it may have something related to the power-saving / sleep mode.

Frustrated to say the least!!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation