Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@bingbang

Sure, Stuart. 

I'll follow-up with you in a few days.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

I have reset the laptop using the Windows Reset PC method. I will let you know how this goes in the next few days of use.

Thanks for your assistance so far!

Stuart

HP Recommended

@bingbang

Sure, Stuart. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

Now being frustrated, I performed the Windows PC reset method (took overnight to install completely), and did a restart, and this time it took just over 4 mins to boot up and be completely on the Windows screen, then blue screen came back up "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" again.

I don't know what else to do, as it is now out of warranty, but this was notified with HP before the warranty expired and the support team advised various methods, all never worked.

What can I do now?

HP Recommended

@bingbang

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Asmita for your assistance. I sincerely hope they contact me and help resolve this issue. It is my daughter's laptop for her school work, but she has had issues with it, no end!

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

Do you know when this team will get back to me on this issue?

Thanks,

Stuart

HP Recommended

Hello Friend! I have the same problem that I just can’t solve!
Did the help desk help you?

HP Recommended

Yes, after various things to try, I have managed to resolve the 2 different blue screen issues.

The final straw was to create a backup of my documents onto an external drive and perform the Reset My Laptop routine completely. The fresh rest did the trick (touch-wood), and we have had no issues whatsoever.

Prior to the reset, they logged on remotely and performed various uninstalls such as the Intel graphics card drivers, the NVidia drivers, but none of those worked.

I suggest you contact HP Support and create a new case so they can advise you!

HP Recommended

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, I got the blue screen whilst closing my laptop lid and re-opening. I think it may have something related to the power-saving / sleep mode.

Frustrated to say the least!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.