Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did a clean install of Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion DV6-1125ee. (PN: NM626EA) All the other drivers are working but when I checked in Device manager, I see an unknown device with ACPI/HPQ0004. I tried researching and got a lot of different answers and different files to download. Can you help me choose the best fix for this? Many of the results say that it's 3D Driveguard but I don't see any details regarding 3D Driveguard in the device manager. Please help me locate the right drivers for Windows 7 32bit and 64bit. Thanks

52 REPLIES 52
HP Recommended

HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection, on your drivers page HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you. Didn't notice that in the middle of the MediaSmart softwares. Will try it. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
I have the same problem. I did a clean install of Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion DV6-2137el. All the other drivers are working but when I checked in Device manager, I see an unknown device with ACPI/HPQ0004. I tried researching and got a lot of different answers and different files to download. Can you help me choose the best fix for this? Please help me locate the right drivers for Windows 7 64bit. Thanks
HP Recommended

@Pedriva

Hi,

Download and install:

HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection here (ver 4.0.4.1 for 32/64 bit Windows 7)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thanks, it worked perfectly for me:

Had the same problem with my DV2-1133AX. Did a clean install of Windows 7, 64 bit., got all the drivers working but, when I checked in Device manager, there was an unknown device with ACPI/HPQ0004. Followed your instructions,- problem no more (i.e. no unknown device in device manager).

HP Recommended

Same problem with DV6 2810EY. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Miky_G

Hi,

Download and install:

HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection here (ver 4.0.5.1 for 32/64 bit Windows 7)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I just reinstall my system at Win7 X64. I already install all driver I can get from Hp web site. But it have tha same problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.