Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp g6 250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

• After i install windows 10 kb4512941 and kb4514359 updates every time my computer gives f301 error and I can't restart my computer and everytime it gives this error. I tried to use recovery. I tried reset my computer. I tried starting in safe mode using winre. Nothing worked. I can not undo windows upragade either and every time i tried pc crashes and gives blue screen. I did extensive memory and harddrive check. It passed bot of them and no error found.Nothing worked. Also I cannot undo updates, because restart wont work or it crashes again. Also İ can use my pc ten minutes at a time after that it crashes and screen turns blue. And sometimes after it crashes warning in the startup becomes no boot devices found. Every other time warning is smart hard disk error.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Run chkdsk /f /r

HP Recommended

hi nrerken,  looked up error code...heres  from MSoft site:   Here are some things you can try to fix upgrade and installation errors: 

remove external hardware

Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter

Update Windows

Uninstall non-Microsoft antivirus software

Uninstall nonessential software

Free up disk space

all those problems doesn't sound good at all, resetting should have worked. you say no faults in hardrive check? find a program called active @  bootdisc ( LSoft technologies) ,  look for active @ boot disc , make bootable usb. go to bios, allocate boot order to usb (1). start up, you will get a range of options. try in programs : cmd option, will open cmd as admin (sytem32), then re-try chkdsk/f.  OR  try powershell  ( or cmdlets) version of chjkdsk, its more powerful than cmd method. you also can re-check hdd with crystal disc analyses.  If it was me, would personally be tempted to kill the disc with zero overwrite and rebuild it unless theres some vital info on that you want.  backups, recovery points and recovery discs are always useful!.  im sure you've got corruption by now.  maybe try hirens.  

HP Recommended

What type of hard disk is installed?

You did not provide the Product number or ProdID, so we are left in the dark on specific configuration of your notebook. Since it is an entry level enterprise product I suspect it would be a legacy spinner disk instead of an SSD disk.

If it is a legacy spinner type, a 301 error reported after an attempted update, would tend to  lead me to replace it with a new  legacy type or SATA SSD disk. Legacy hard disks are no longer in terms of price, for most people, much of an obstacle.

Remove and replace instructions. I suggest using Internet Explorer to watch the videos.

http://h20574.www2.hp.com/Media/33FD3507-0BEA-4B63-8A3E-8A417FC356B9/jag6U_PCPFILES/SML/FruVideo/jag...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.