Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Always Error 3f0

HP Pavilion Dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

While using my HP pavilion Dv6 it suddenly Freeze. So i restarted na computer and then Message error "Boot Device not found". then i turn off the computer and reseat the HDD.. then it works, while im browsing it freeze again and blue screen.

after computer restart error 3f0 appear again.. I full out the HDD and replace it with my back up HDD. it works again..

While using my computer with my back up HDD it freeze again and blue screen.. so i reseat agian my HDD and it works again.. but it freeze again.

i try to reinstall the operating system but in the middle of installing it always stoped.

i try to re install Operating system in 3 different HDD but it always freeze..

i try my HDD in different laptop it works properly...

anyone please help me to fix this problem thank you in advance...

3 REPLIES
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
687 30 98
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Always Error 3f0

Could be a flaky connector maybe?

Also the Dv6 has a tendency to get hot sometimes, especially if it gets clogged with dust or is used on a soft surface that blocks the air circulation. Have you noticed any connection to the temperature? Would the PC boot if you let it cool without changing the disk? If so, you could search for Dv6 overheating or Dv6 loud fan noise to get hints what to do.

You can see some internal temperatures e.g. with the free Speccy utility (www.ccleaner.com)

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
0 Kudos
Jeck_Tamsi Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Always Error 3f0

Thank you sir for replyin when i used agan my Dv6, i noticed it's hot.. should i clean the heat sink and apply another thermal paste??

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
687 30 98
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Always Error 3f0

I would not be the first to start dismantling the heat pipe setup as the first measure.

I would just use compressed air to try and get the dust out being careful not to damage the microphone and the loudspeakers with the pressure. Also some care is needed with the blower as it could wind up to excessively high speeds unless you restrict it with your finger while you blow. A soft brush can be useful in loosening the dirt in those places where you can reach with it.

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation