Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-bs151ni
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ProdID 4UL30EA

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

First, I would try performing HP diagnostics at boot and see if there are any hardware errors. (especially the hard drive)

Turn off the PC by holding the power button. Turn on PC and continously keep pressing ESC until startup menu appears and then press F2 to enter diagnostics. Try the fast test, or at least the hard drive test.

See if there are any hardware errors.

If all is good you could reinstall the OS by using media from Microsoft or try to recover the OS with this media:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

I've tried all these methods more than once already and none of them seems to work, I even checked online tutorials but still...

HP Recommended

When you say you have tried these methods, what do you mean. You have performed system test? Where there any errors? Did the hard drive pass the tests?

You tried reinstalling the OS? Like this?

Download media creation tool from Microsoft on PC (different PC), run and create a bootable pendrive with the OS on it. (there is an explanation on the Microsoft web page on how to create the pendrive). Create the drive with Windows 10 Home 64-bit edition. Windows will automatically activate once installed and connected to the Internet.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you choose this option you will need to use the pendrive to perform a clean install of Windows 10. You might need to disable fastboot and secure boot in BIOS (probably not). So, insert the pendrive in the PC and it should boot directly from the drive. If not, turn off the PC by holding the power button. Press the power button and immediately keep pressing ESC until the startup menu appears and then press F9 and choose the pendrive in the boot menu. Once it boots from pendrive follow the procedure to install Windows. Choose custom install and delete all partitions, install in unallocated space.

When finished installing allow Windows to completely update and find all or most drivers. You can follow this process by going into settings > Security and update > click on Verify for updates. You might need to reboot a couple of times.

I recommend installing HP support assistant which will help keep your drivers up to date and much more. You can download the latest version from here.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Once completely updated you can go into device manager and see if there are any missing drivers (there will be yellow exclamation mark next to the device). You can find these drivers and software on HP support page for your product.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

David I have the same problem as descibed below. I followed your advice and executed the hardware tests. The memory passed OK and also the hard drive passed OK (extended test). Then i executed a clean install with an bootable USB stick with Windows Home version 1903 that i used before on other computers. I chose to adapt the installation by removing all existing partitions and making new ones. I also formatted all partitios. This is my usual procedure that always works. At a certain piont i was forced to enter my Wifi code, so that there would be connection to the Internet. After a while however he returned to the same error message: ( my translation to english)
     Why did my PC not Startup?
     There is a problem and because of that we cannot make usable your PC, but we think it will help if you install an update.    
     Download the update
     1. Control if you have power on the  PC 
     2. Select Next if you have WiFi on your system and follow the instructions (i have only WiFi)
     3. When you have connection with the Internet select Next. The update will be installed.

I did all that but i returned to the same error message that only allows you to click on Next or to force shutdown.. What is going on? What else can i do to make this PC run again?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.