Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

What is it with you and computers?! The computer name is at the top, the bios is equal to firmware. The Computer entry represents only one standard.

HP Recommended

Well if you are going to get narky, what is it with you and not taking in what I repeated at least twice?!  I DO NOT see or have "Firmware" at the root of my Device Manager!  Don't worry, I looked this up and discovered this Device Manager "Firmware Node" feature was included in an OPTIONAL Windows 10 update.  I had no notification or advice it had ever been offered to my laptop, if it was at all.  In any event, I am searching for it online.

Next time, try not assuming everyone's Windows update level is the same as yours and then resort to judgmental rudeness.

Doh.jpg 

HP Recommended

OK, we've been talking past each other. That there is no firmware entry in the device manager, I have not seen so yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.