Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS error: The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.

HP ProBook 640 G1 Notebook PC

My hard disk became corrupt in my HP ProBook, so I replaced this with a new disk and attempted to install a clean version of both Windows XP and Windows 7 on to this disk.

Both installs gave the 'The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant' message when atempting lo load up windows. I don't have any HP specific recovery or installation disks or anything for this Notebook,can't remember ever having anything like that

I then reset the BIOS to factory settings, just in case something had been changed for my old setup that a new install didn't like, but it made no difference.

I have also tried installing both 32 and 64 bit versions of windows, all to no avail.

But I can load Linux distros on this machine no problem, and they appear to work fine.

Is this just a BIOS setup issue, is it just a setting that windows dfosn't like?

Or is there something more serioous wrong with this machine, apart from the hard disk corupting?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation