Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ag0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is the 2nd of this laptop I have owned now. The first one I had immediately showed this issue when I purchased it so they replaced it instore with the tech saying it was a total failure which is rare and now this computer is having the same issue. It says it has updates, so I do the update and shutdown/update and restart and each time a grey and blue screen pops up and says it was unable to update the BIOS, there was an error in the image file or something along those lines... I have tried doing the update with the computer plugged in, unplugged, full battery... all end in the same error. I can still boot the computer/it boots itself after 20 seconds which I couldn't do when it happened with the last computer but I am wondering is there something I can do to manually update the BIOS? I can not afford to send this computer away if I can help it as I use it for school but I am terrified that one of these times it won't be able to boot at all and to be honest it's a real nuisance for such an expensive device to be having so many more issues then my other much cheaper computer does.  Anyone have suggestions I can try to remedy this at home before I have to send it away through the store I bought it at?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

My suggestion is to not update the BIOS. As long as your laptop is working well and a newer BIOS doesn't address a problem you are having it is not worth the risk. HP releases a BIOS version that may cover several models in a series-one of which may have an issue needing a fix. Problem is all of the models in the series are pushed the update. My laptop is  running a BIOS two versions behind the latest and no problems. Don't intend to push my luck.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.