11-17-2016 02:20 PM
I'm trying to augment the HP USB 3-in-1 diagnostic tool, which also includes the ability to update the BIOS on any machine. I've figured out that the .BIN file is the BIOS update file and to put it in the \Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\New folder to allow machines to be updated. However, when I tried to update a HP EliteBook 8540w, it didn't work, giving me an error message of "Signature file not found."
Since I'm able to update other HP systems (dc7800, EliteDesk 800 G1, ProDesk 600 G1, etc.) by putting just the .BIN file on the USB drive and selecting the update BIOS option from the BIOS, I figure it would also work using the HP 3-in-1 diagnostic tool. Apparently, the 3-in-1 tool uses some form of CRC check to validate the BIOS file first. The problem is, I don't know for which file the tool is looking, so I'm stuck.
Does anyone know the file structure of the BIOS section of the 3-in-1 diagnostic tool? I need to know what files need to be put in what locations in order for the BIOS update function to work correctly. Any help which is provided is greatly appreciated.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)