Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Dv6-6159er
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am the owner of the HP Dv6-6159er laptop. My case is: I’m sitting quietly using a laptop, playing toys, deciding to update the graphics drivers for better performance, downloading everything from the HP official site after installation, everything worked fine, but after a while the case appeared that the laptop sometimes doesn’t start and a white line flashes and everything after idle time It worked for 2-3 hours and the time it took to wait was always increased, I immediately suspected that the BIOS was to blame and decided to roll back the BIOS and then put the same version back into the BIOS, I installed the old version but that new version BIOS does not become GSI write error: InsydeFlash can not load the driver. Please close all applications. If you run this utility in Windows 7, please run as Administrator. Or the BIOS did not support InsydeFlash. I closed all the programs, launched as administrator these methods do not help. I ask you to help me install BIOS F.1B Rev.A in place of BIOS F.13

I Excuse me i speak english badly

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Simply put, how to upgrade Bios F.13 to Bios F.1 Rev. A If errors get out: InsydeFlash can not load the driver. Please close all applications. If you run this utility in Windows 7, please run as Administrator. Or an error: BIOS did not support InsydeFlash.

HP Recommended

@RPG_MoNsTeR Welcome to HP Community!

Click here to perform a harder reset on your device

If the issue persists, after the above steps, try the below:

1. Turn off the notebook.

2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.

3. With the notebook off, press and hold the Windows logo key  and the B key at the same time.

NOTE:

On some notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows logo key  and the V key.

4. While pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows logo key  and the B or V key until the HP BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The HP BIOS Update screen displays, and the BIOS update begins automatically. This might take several minutes, and you might hear additional beeping sounds.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps. If the issue persists after repeating the steps, skip to the next step to Download a replacement BIOS file.

• If the Power light turns off, the notebook has turned off because the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds only.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The first method with a hard reset did not help after trying to install the bios update, the bios error also popped up did not support insydeflash on the bios flash drive, I can’t install it there is not such an installer, it does not allow the third method with win + b it didn’t help but with win + v it played pawn but not what didn’t open; it was made in 2011

HP Recommended

@RPG_MoNsTeR If you've gone through all the steps and yet the issue persists, and yet the issue persists, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't go to another city 300 kilometers away.

And you're right the warranty has expired what fee on the phone are taking in support in Russia

HP Recommended

I've watched a video of how to make a download flash bios can help me what the files look like in the flash drive and where they lie 

That's the way I made a plug boot for bios http://vlab.su/viewtopic.php?p=69222#p69222 But I didn't succeed with a win + b or win + v can I push them like that wrong

HP Recommended

@RPG_MoNsTeR

1) Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

NOTE: On some notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows key and the V key.

2) Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello why do you write me the same thing and also i need it is better to write how to correct the errors that are listed above

HP Recommended

The bug fix I was able to update the laptop turned off then switched on about 2 hours of flashing dash on the left top decided to turn off the same dash flashing from above on the left. How do I fix it? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.