2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

BSOD if turn on the on board Audio - Elitebook 820 G3 - Imaged from MDT

HP Recommended
EliteBook 820 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Pulling my hair out here.

I'm in the NHS in UK here. We use MDT on server 2008R2 for imaging our PC's. Recently got an Elitebook 820 G3 which was the first one of them we had in. I did usual and injected the drivers on MDT and proceeded to PXE boot it (legacy boot enabled obviously) it seemed to run through fine but on restart it does a BSOD and restarts, from the dump it seemed like IntcAudioBus.sys was involved. Anyway as it turns out if I turn off the on board audio in the BIOS it boots fine but obviously no audio, whicih is no use.

I have tried using the HP softpaq driver pack downloader (rather than manually downloading drivers) but with no joy, even after I removed all existing drivers for that machine on MDT and injected the HP softpaq ones. I have tried several drivers for the Audio. I have tried removing all audio driver for that laptop on MDT and reimaging. I have tried imaging it with audio off and then hoped to turn it on after so it would hopefully just boot but have no audio drivers but could then install them once into wondows. But nothing works, if I have the Audio on it blue screens and restarts, if I turn it off in the BIOS it boots fine. Help please? It would be very much appreciated, thanks

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation