Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 G3 M9L94AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My laptop is a workstation - HP ZBook 17G3. Recently I get BSOD usually. Information from mini dump file always:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
0x0000001a

caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+1aa0c0

I've done the following things:

1. Check disk error: chkdks C: /f /r --> everything is fine.

2. Run SFC and DISM Comment --> nothing improved.

3. Update all device drivers --> nothing improved.

4. Run MemTest (Windows Memory Diagnostic) --> no errors.

My windows 10 is upgraded from a licensed win7. I notice that it usually crashes when running a media file (watching movies, open many tabs in Chrome for a long time, during video editing in Adobe Premiere, running VLC...)

My workstation capacity: 64GB RAM, CPU Intel Xeon E3-1575M (3.00GHz), SSD M2 NVMe 1TB

I attach the dump files here for you to check, through Dropbox links. I hope to get some advice from you to fix this problem soon. Before upgrading to Win10, I have no such problem with win7.

Dump file 1

Dump file 2

Some software technicians told me the cause is file hpdskflt.sys, in HP Software "HP 3D DriveGuard". But I cannot uninstall it.

So please show me the way to stop this problem. Thanks in advance.

Saviolon

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.