Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

For the last week, when charging my laptop, it only charges until 84% and then stop charging and states its plugged in (not charging). 

I've only had this laptop for over a year, and never experiences this before with any other laptop. 

I was wondering if there was any solution for this. 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nazaneen (peace be unto you)

Welcome to HP Community!

Here's what I recommend (perform steps exactly as prescribed to resolve the issue)

• Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 
  • Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 
  • Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, 
  • Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

If the issue persists, run a test and calibrate the battery: click here for steps.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Nazaneen, maybe you need to calibrate the battery. You have to charge it while shut off until the battery indicator light indicates a full charge. Then to start it in safe mode and let the battery drain until the laptop shuts off and this will calibrate it.

After you do that, if the battery charges to 100%, that may not be the end of the problems. You will have to try it out to see if the battery lasts as long as it did before. If not, it may be close to needing replacement. 

Hope my answer comes in handy for you.

HP Recommended

HI, 

With the following step, am I supposed to uninstall the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

• Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.