Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (136 Views)

Battery Drain on my Spectre X360

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 - 13-4116dx (E
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The battery life on the Spectre x360 that I got two months ago is absolutely dissapointing. Running the default installation of Windows, I'm lucky to get 3.5 hours of battery life using the HP Recommended powerplan while browsing the internet on a stable WiFi network.

I have been working with this computer for two months now and after two hours I have to plug it in. 

Is there anything that I can do to fix this issue or would my best bet be to contact HP directly? I bought this laptop solely based off of the claims that it could get up to 12 hours on battery and the fact that I'm lucky to see a third of that is upsetting.

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (112 Views)

Re: Battery Drain on my Spectre X360

Your usage is probably considerably higher than what the usage represented by the 12 hr battery life. If you are multitasking or watching/editing videos or gaming or doing a lot of surfing/loading webpages then you are probably using it more than what the 12 hour rating depicts.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation