Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have changed my HP Envy 15 laptop battery a year back, just and now it hardly takes 2 hours of charge by charging it for about 3 hours. Hp brags about 8-9 hours ob battery life but this is completely false and even when I am using my laptop on battery saver mode. How to solve it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@thesurajkumar Here's what you need to know about how the battery typically drains:

That said, what do you use the device for, is its most gaming or for watching movies/videos, the battery could drain a lot faster than it would while editing a document or simply going through pictures on the device.

If you've been using the battery for simple tasks as mentioned above, you may want to perform the below steps to enhance the battery performance:

The first thing you'll want to do is make sure that you have a reasonable power plan selected for when you're rolling on battery power. The high-performance plan is always tempting (you're a high-performance user, after all), but you'll burn through your battery a lot more quickly, so select the Power Saver or Balanced plans, and make sure it's set to turn off the display quickly after inactivity, since that's the biggest power drain.

Next, you'll want to dig further into the Advanced Power Plan settings, and make sure that the On battery settings are set to maximize battery life—change the plan to turn off the hard disk quickly, use the low-power mode for your wireless adapter, processor, and especially your graphics card. The System cooling policy setting allows you to specify whether the laptop will rely on fans for cooling, or slow the processor down when the temperature gets out of hand, and can definitely help your battery life, though at the cost of some performance.

If the issue persists, I suggest you use this link to test and calibrate the battery, before you get back to me with the results.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.