Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 1040 G3 Notebook PC

Hi HP community!!

My Elitebook has lived a long life and is now coming up on its 5th year, since May 2021 I've been experiencing some trouble regarding the battery life where the battery won't charge up to more than 80 %, it also dies whenever it goes below 16 %. I get the "warning low battery" notification when I reach 16 % and it then dies about 20 seconds later. I tried to solve this by buying a new HP battery but I didn't see any improvement so I switched back to the original one. I've tried troubleshooting and I'm on top of all the updates. Do you think that this behaviour is normal since my computer is getting older (i still have a lot of storage left and everything else works fine) or could there be something specific that has caused it?

// I appreciate any help since my warranty has run out! Thanks 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.