Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp ENVY ah0043tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

Yesterday I updated my Bios version to F.26 from F.25,prior to update I was getting around 3 hours of battery life,but after update the laptop cannot switch on on battery .

As soon as I unplug the AC adaptor the laptop dies

Running the battery health from HP diagnostics shows batter health normal ,and charge remains at 100.

I strongly believe it's the BIOS issue.Please help .

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@falak6803 I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

Unplug the charge, Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:

1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.

2) Expand “Batteries”.

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

4) Click on “Uninstall”.

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver

6) Shutdown the computer.

7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in. (Skip this step if you have a non removable battery)

8 - When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

9) Go to Device Manager.

10) Expand Batteries.

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

If the issue persists, run a battery and adapter test using the steps mentioned in this link: Click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day! 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,thank you for the reply

I tried reinstalling and updating battery drivers but to no avail.

also I have tested the batter from HP support assistant where it shows 100% charged and normal condition.

When running battery test in component test during startup  says that the charging circuit is normal but battery discharge test not carried as AC supply is plugged in. I cannot disconnect AC supply because the laptop switches off directly without power.

Please recommend 

Also if possible let me know how to ge spare battery for this laptop as local HP stores are claiming out of stock.

HP Recommended

@falak6803 Seems like an issue with the internal DC connector for the battery to the system board, as its shutting down abruptly, please perform a BIOS recovery using the steps mentioned here, if that doesn't work, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello sir,

I have tried rolling back the BIOS plenty times but it's not working.

Tried reinstalling the same BIOS again thinking maybe a faulty installation but nothing changes .

These problems didn't exsist before the BIOS update.

Contacted customer support who have asked me leave the laptop with them for 2-3 days to check the issue which I can't as I have online classes going on.

Asked for an onsite engineer which they agreed to but are not following back despite repeated calls.

Not feeling too good about HP for my next notebook now.

HP Recommended

@falak6803

I will escalate your case to HP's regional Escalation Team

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.