Question

Highlighted
Intern
Message 1 of 4 (151 Views)
Accepted Solution

Bios+Other OSes

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Omen 15t ax033dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i had kali linux amd64, on my data drive, and windows on my boot drive. both are ssds, but when i did a bios update to  revision  F.43. It wiped the boot manager for kali, and only the windows BM remains. help?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Bios+Other OSes

Username_Omen wrote:

So i had kali linux amd64, on my data drive, and windows on my boot drive. both are ssds, but when i did a bios update to  revision  F.43. It wiped the boot manager for kali, and only the windows BM remains. help?

Hi,

The update probably changed boot to the default option. You have to go back to the EFI/BIOS settings and change the path to the location of the linux efi bootloader. It's going to be something like /EFI/BOOT/grub.efi. I assume that the linux bootloader is on the same EFI partition like the Windows one.

View solution in context
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 4 (122 Views)

Username_Omen wrote:

Hi,

The update probably changed boot to the default option. You have to go back to the EFI/BIOS settings and change the path to the location of the linux efi bootloader. It's going to be something like /EFI/BOOT/grub.efi. I assume that the linux bootloader is on the same EFI partition like the Windows one.

Dv6-7000 Debian Stretch
HP ProBook 640 G1 Hackintosh High Sierra/Debian Stretch
HP Touchpad provided by HP

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Intern
Message 3 of 4 (101 Views)

ok. ill try that when i get free time to go into my bios settings. thanks! if it works ill mark it as solution. have a  good day

Intern
Message 4 of 4 (77 Views)

I just went in and reinstalled kali, but thanks for the help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation