Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ba027nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello.

My son has accidentally set a bios password or power on password on his: HP 15-ba027nr. He doesn't know how he set it, or what the password may be.  After three failed attempts I get the following: System Disabled with the code [ i 64679331 ] in a blue box.

Can anyone help ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ZoomZoomer 

From 1-Mar-2019 the HP Support Community will no longer provide BIOS/Power-on bypass support. Please contact HP directly.

In ths US:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

Other country:
   http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This is not very helpful to me. I've already tried phone support with HP. They seem not to care, and told me there is nothing they can do. My laptop is not in warranty and they do not cover bios passwords anyways. That is what they told me. This is also the reason why I chose to reach out to you kind folks here. 

HP Recommended

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.