04-20-2017 10:53 PM
Hi recently brought an hp elitebook revolve g3, and want to install windows 7 but has a admin bios password on everything. can anyone help please!!
04-20-2017 11:14 PM
Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.
Elitebook is a commerical/business class PC. Most business class notebooks (including yours Elitebook and Probook) have better/stronger security and they do not produce easy to crack hashes. BIOS password cannot be removed here in the forum - you will have to contact HP Business Support for assistance on removing the password.
Here is how:
Contact HP and ask for SMC.bin file. HP Business support should be able to send you a customised file and instructions which you can use to reset the password. Note that assistance for such issues is usually free of charge for HP business class computers.
Hope this helps. Please, mark the post as a solution if it helped.
Let me know if you face any difficulties.
* if you want to say thanks, please, click below on the White Thumb Up+ button for (+1) kudo.
Don't leave the forum - provide your reply, update about your issue and feedback.
Best wishes, IT_WinSec ----------------
I do not work for HP Inc. I express personal opinion only.
I work as consumer support technician, cyber security engineer and endpoint devices technical support team lead
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)