Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (81 Views)

Bios password or reset

Product Name: eleitebook revolve g3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi recently brought an hp elitebook revolve g3, and want to install windows 7 but has a admin bios password on everything. can anyone help please!!

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 2 (66 Views)

Re: Bios password or reset

Hi @werkstation

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Elitebook is a commerical/business class PC. Most business class notebooks (including yours Elitebook and Probook) have better/stronger security and they do not produce easy to crack hashes. BIOS password cannot be removed here in the forum - you will have to contact HP Business Support for assistance on removing the password.

Here is how:

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/business-support.html

Contact HP and ask for SMC.bin file. HP Business support should be able to send you a customised file and instructions which you can use  to reset the password. Note that assistance for such issues is usually free of charge for HP business class computers.

Hope this helps. Please, mark the post as a solution if it helped.

Let me know if you face any difficulties.

* If my comment helped you, use the button below to accept this post as a solution

* if you want to say thanks, please, click below on the White Thumb Up+ button for (+1) kudo.

Smiley WinkDon't leave the forum - provide your reply, update about your issue and feedback.

Best wishes, IT_WinSec ----------------
I do not work for HP Inc. I express personal opinion only.
I work as consumer support technician, cyber security engineer and endpoint devices technical support team lead
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation