Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DX7-3165DX WA794UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What BIOS version should be installed on a system using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  The BIOS version presently installed is F.08.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @Guy225

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to update the BIOS on your computer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

The drivers for your computer are available only for Windows 7 on HP website

As you are using Windows 10 on your computer, you can run HP Support Assistant to update all the drivers on your computer. Click here

Alternately, you can create a BIOS update on a USB flash drive as suggested in this article and install it on your computer. 

The latest version of BIOS available for your computer is F.13 on HP website. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @Guy225

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to update the BIOS on your computer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

The drivers for your computer are available only for Windows 7 on HP website

As you are using Windows 10 on your computer, you can run HP Support Assistant to update all the drivers on your computer. Click here

Alternately, you can create a BIOS update on a USB flash drive as suggested in this article and install it on your computer. 

The latest version of BIOS available for your computer is F.13 on HP website. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for the info. It worked like a Champ!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, now that you've answered this other guy's bios question.  Here is mine regarding the bios on hp notebook computers, how does one access the bios on bootup?   f2 brings you someplace else. 

HP Recommended

To access the bios, at least on my HP laptop,  power up the computer and immediately press F10 a few times to make sure you get it. This should take you into the bios.

You can also power up and immediately press the ESC key. This will take you to a menu of options including the bios and then you can press F10 for the bios. The are other useful things in that menu like setting the boot order if for some reaons you need to boot from a usb for example.

If you just want to find out what bios you have on the computer without having to actually enter the bios, find your "run" command - I believe it is in the windows system folder in the list of programs, and enter msinfo32 in it.

This will bring up system info including bios version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.