Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Vmrao,

I understand you are thinking that the power supply is an issue on your HP Envy 4-1043cl Utrabook. Power supply should not be in a surge protector or extension cord this could cause an issue. Does the Ultrabook recharge the battery? Make sure before doing that, your system is up to date. Most times a system restore or system repair will fix this issue. Here is a link on how to do that.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Dont' mean to revive such an old thread, but don't see any point in recreating it when I'm having the exact same issue on an envy 4-1015dx.  I've called hp support and have not gotten any help also.  I have tried everything suggested on everything I can find about this problem on the internet besides reinstalling the Win 7 OS from a seperate source and I still am getting the error iastor.sys and sometimes iastorA.sys

Like the previous guy who just posted, I do not get this error when the laptop is unplugged and running on the battery, but get it within 5 min. if it is plugged into the wall.  I know...doesn't make much sense to me.  Can anyone shed any light on this?! 

HP Recommended

I’m having the exact same issues with my Wife’s HP Envy Laptop, which started yesterday...

I have checked the memory, and performed a system restore, no help...

I had created an Acronis image of the hard drive several months ago and restored the complete image file from it. (the problem continues)… Everything that I try seems to work at first but inevitably the problem returns, and is extremely random with respect to time…  it lasted over an hour on battery power before rearing its ugly Blue head. Even while running in Safe Mode...

Given all of the other things that people have tried to no avail,.This problem is beginning to smack of being a Hardware issue,... Not Software….. I am considering the fact that no one has replaced their Hard Drive. Mine is a solid State Hybrid drive which was a relatively new technology when the PC was purchased, just over a year ago… (go figure)….

Replacing the Hard Drive is going to be my next choice of action to try next. Given that there has been over 8,000 reads on this problem. I am willing to guess that this is a very common issue with this particular model, and HP not jumping up with any known solutions regarding any hardware defects... Good Luck to you all...

HP Recommended

I am having the same problems with an HP Envy 4T-1000 that I purchased for my daughter it is a little over a year old. I have installed the latested Intel iastor.sys driver from Intel and still have the same BSOD with iastor.sys. I have run extensive hard drive tests and all the hardware tests. Everything checks out fine. I am wondering if you replaced the hard drive and if that cleared the BSOD Iastor.sys errors you were seeing. Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking about restoring the operating system off the restore and if that did not work reinstalling the operating system. The operating system is windows 7 64 bit. Everything I have read indicates this has not resolved the issue I am seeing.

I am wondering if it is a hard drive issue. I have the hybrid 32 gb ssd with a 500 gb Sata hard drive.

Did you purchase another Sata hard drive? I was thinking about purchasing an SSD to replace the Sata drive.

HP Recommended

Heloo,

I am not sure if this thread is active. I have HP Envy 1030 US ultrabook with Windows 7 (factory installed).

Few days back I started getting BSOD for iastor.sys with error code 0x00000007E and igored it for couple time, and then one day I could not boot windows7. I have searched through internet with few solution.

So far I have tried these:

1. Run HP diagonis (Esc + F2), for memroy and HD , all came saying no error. I see blinking LED on side, so I guess HD is responsive. End result still cannot boot into Windows 7

2. Then,  tried with F11 - ercovery and option "Restore to Factory setting". I got to recover complete, and it asked to reboot...I did reboot with little encouraging sign, it went far to Windows 7 logo graphics, then boom...BSOD for same iastore.sys

3. Last I tried trying to install with Fresh iso from MS, but cannot pass beyond fle copying, and gets to same iastor.sys, but with different error code (sorry did not note the error code.

4. Finally, repeated step 2 again and looking at BSOD for iastor.sys.

Can some one help..should I try to replace HDD (both SSD and HDD)? or is my laptop is toast? I bought it about 2 years, had no issue with couple of earlier HP. Tought spending ~$650/- was good investment on reliable brand, but based on this forum, it seems quite few people got same.

HP Recommended

Tu Windows no soporta el actual arreglo de discos, entra a tu BIOS y configura manualmente el arreglo de disco, Activando la opcion de tu BIOS "COMPTABILIDAD HEREDADA "             <Activado>.

nota: sacar backup de tu sistema operativo antes de configurar en BIOS.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.