Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
How do we get out of boot loop fat files error blue screen
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Fayekerry

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to boot and getting an error saying boot loop fat files error.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

·         What is the model and the product number of your computer?

·         When was the last time the computer was working fine?

·         Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

·         Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

The Windows 10 FAT_FILE_SYSTEM error is a tough one to troubleshoot as it can often lock itself into a reboot loop before you can force Windows into safe mode or boot from installation media. If you’re lucky enough to get five minutes of operation before your computer blue screens, you’re one of the lucky few. 

There are a few ways to fix the Windows 10 FAT_FILE_SYSTEM error and I’ll cover them here. 

Fix Windows 10 FAT_FILE_SYSTEM errors
FAT_FILE_SYSTEM errors manifest in two ways, a fast reboot loop where you cannot do anything and a slower reboot loop that boots briefly into Windows before crashing after 5 or 10 minutes. Let’s look at things you can do from within Windows first.

1. Update all your drivers and retest. Corrupted or missing drivers have been known to cause the error.
2. Open a CMD window as an administrator and run ‘sfc /scannow’. You may not have time to run it before the next BSOD, but here’s hoping.
3. Open a CMD window as an administrator and run ‘Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth’. Again, you may not have time for the process to complete, but try it if you can.

If they don’t work.

1. Navigate to Settings, Update & Security and Recovery.
2. Select ‘Get started’ under Reset this PC.
3. Select ‘Keep my files’ and complete the process.

If you cannot break the boot cycle or none of those processes can complete. Try this:

1. Remove all devices except your boot drive, mouse and keyboard, reboot and retest.
2. Clean install Windows 10.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.