Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream - 14-ax010ca (ENERGY STAR)

Ok this one a long one. so i wanted to reset my Laptop to get more storage but it failed so i tried to fix it look online tried few of stuff, but it all failed so I gave up and then it was stuck in an infinite boot up loop I fixed that, but then the was a black screen that I couldn't do anything on even in safe mode waited and waited and nothing happen it just wont go away and tried even more stuff until I went to secure erase pressed it and now is where I am, with the "Boot Device Not Found. Please Install an Operating System. Hard Drive (3F0)" So i went to setup a USB Recovery Drive because that what HP help told me to do. got it all  ready with HP Cloud Recovery Tool it was going smoothly but then it said "This Computer is not Supported by the System Media. You will not be able to Continue to Recover this System with these Media. Error 0100 82BD 8423".  And now I don't know what to do. tell me the truth did I completely messed up my laptop. If I cant do anything about it I am Just going to get a new Laptop. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is a discussion here by @Paul_Tikkanen about this same problem

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-not-possible/td-p/7355...

Bes sure you are installing the same version of windows that you had.  If you had win10 home then be sure that is being installed and not win10 pro or something else

If given an option of 32bit or 64 select the 64.***

Have you verified your hard drive is good by pressing ESC and selecting the drive test?

If drive is good I recommend you use the windows 10 ISO and overwrite the existing partitions.

Get the ISO here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-official-windows-10-iso-files/...

***the cloud recovery will put free items "Bloatware"  back on you system possibly leading to the same problem as before.  If you have activated any of the free one like McAfee, Norton, Office, Cyberlink, eltc, then you can download them using your credentials.  However, if you have HP game hub or special software for sensor management then you need the cloud recovery as discussed in that top thread.  I suspect anything like that is also available here

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There is a discussion here by @Paul_Tikkanen about this same problem

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-not-possible/td-p/7355...

Bes sure you are installing the same version of windows that you had.  If you had win10 home then be sure that is being installed and not win10 pro or something else

If given an option of 32bit or 64 select the 64.***

Have you verified your hard drive is good by pressing ESC and selecting the drive test?

If drive is good I recommend you use the windows 10 ISO and overwrite the existing partitions.

Get the ISO here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-official-windows-10-iso-files/...

***the cloud recovery will put free items "Bloatware"  back on you system possibly leading to the same problem as before.  If you have activated any of the free one like McAfee, Norton, Office, Cyberlink, eltc, then you can download them using your credentials.  However, if you have HP game hub or special software for sensor management then you need the cloud recovery as discussed in that top thread.  I suspect anything like that is also available here

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

It worked. Thank you very much 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.