Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I turn on the computer, it asks me to install an OS, Hard Disk (3FO)

I ran a Hard Disk Check and got - 

Failure ID: M36062-8M9A1D-MFPX6K-60VS03

Product ID: Y1N95UA#ABA

I was reading similar people's issue and it might be a Hard Drive issue? Can a professional advise me what's my issue and if it is a hard drive issue, can you link me some HDD or SSD that's compatible.

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jacky215
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA hard drive installed on the PC.
See the below details:

The 3f0 error code indicates an issue with the HDD-Hard Drive. Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jacky215
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA hard drive installed on the PC.
See the below details:

The 3f0 error code indicates an issue with the HDD-Hard Drive. Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.