Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (141 Views)

Boot&Bios Problem

Product Name: Hp Pavilion Power 15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello to everyone I have this laptop and I install Windows 10 64 bit and all worked correctly after that it came an update and I confirm to install in the laptop in The middle of the installation the laptop crashed and after that I had the option to choose different options to boot devices But when I choose one of the options every time the laptop crashed and I had only failures... Whatever now I have a black screen when I turn on the laptop the HP logo and Nothing after all I can't boot anything or recover everything... Please help the laptop is brand new and I am very sad I will be waiting for a reply as soon as possible you can Thank you a lot
0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 7 (120 Views)

Re: Boot&Bios Problem

Hi

Evoliasmenos wrote:
Hello to everyone I have this laptop and I install Windows 10 64 bit and all worked correctly after that it came an update and I confirm to install in the laptop in The middle of the installation the laptop crashed and after that I had the option to choose different options to boot devices But when I choose one of the options every time the laptop crashed and I had only failures... Whatever now I have a black screen when I turn on the laptop the HP logo and Nothing after all I can't boot anything or recover everything... Please help the laptop is brand new and I am very sad I will be waiting for a reply as soon as possible you can Thank you a lot

Just to concentrate on parts of the post.

If it is new then there should be an F11 Recovery option back to the Factory Fresh condition.

OR  Try a Hard Reset

Turn the computer over, look for a battery compartment door to determine if your computer has a removable battery or not.

If you see a battery compartment door, your computer has a removable battery. Remove the battery.
If you do not see battery compartment door, your computer does not have a removable battery.

This is valid for most notebooks; Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to complete the reset.

Re-insert any battery you removed.

ENVY 17 2D/3D and ENVY 15-3000 series:
Press and hold the power and the Beats buttons for 8 to 10 seconds;

Folio 13: Press and hold the power button for 8 to 10 seconds;

ENVY 14 SPECTRE: Press and hold the power and the Mute buttons (on the right side of the palm rest) for 8 to 10 seconds.

EliteBook Folio 1040 G1/G2:
Press and hold the power and the Mute buttons at the same time for 15 seconds or until the computer restarts.

BIOS recovery for most Laptops, as a last resort…

WinKey + B + PWR for 1 second.

OR

WinKey + V + PWR for 1 second.

############  ##### #####

Or try and make your own Repair/Recovery/Rebuild/Re-Install media (or you may already have done so) and do a repair...

If in doubt please ask.

I am not the voice of reason, nor the fount of all knowledge,
more like Pythia, the priestess of Apollo.

Her answers, usually cryptic, could determine the course of everything,
mine more unintelligible than cryptic, but still just as valid.
Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (112 Views)

It hasn't any door for anything so it isn't with a bios battery...right? it's all construction solid...the only way is to disassembly the laptop to see something but I won't to do it myself...the option with the f11 doesn't respond so what other options I have?think that I turn on the laptop and it seems the hp logo and then nothing
Top Student
Message 4 of 7 (108 Views)

I used the winkey+b+power button the laptop turned on it makes a new copy of the bios but it didn't worked properly...it shows me the message

An error occurred...cmos battery error 502 etc...
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
Message 5 of 7 (90 Views)

Hi

The CMOS battery is a small coin sized battery that may need replacing.

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-cmos-2625826

Also you may need to use a Recovery Disk/Media.  Perhaps you already created one.

If in doubt please ask.

I am not the voice of reason, nor the fount of all knowledge,
more like Pythia, the priestess of Apollo.

Her answers, usually cryptic, could determine the course of everything,
mine more unintelligible than cryptic, but still just as valid.
Top Student
Message 6 of 7 (68 Views)

Hello I followed all the instructions but I had no results...i am on the level to flash in a is stick the official bios versions and make tries to the laptop...i have 4 options for the bios version...i will send again when I try and the 4 options
Top Student
Message 7 of 7 (55 Views)

Finally the laptop works correctly with the right version of the bios from Hp support site...it opened and I moved to a clean installation...thank you all for your help goodnight from Greece...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation