Evoliasmenos Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Boot&Bios Problem

Hp Pavilion Power 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello to everyone I have this laptop and I install Windows 10 64 bit and all worked correctly after that it came an update and I confirm to install in the laptop in The middle of the installation the laptop crashed and after that I had the option to choose different options to boot devices But when I choose one of the options every time the laptop crashed and I had only failures... Whatever now I have a black screen when I turn on the laptop the HP logo and Nothing after all I can't boot anything or recover everything... Please help the laptop is brand new and I am very sad I will be waiting for a reply as soon as possible you can Thank you a lot
6 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
5905 200 510
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post

Boot&Bios Problem

Hi

Evoliasmenos wrote:
Hello to everyone I have this laptop and I install Windows 10 64 bit and all worked correctly after that it came an update and I confirm to install in the laptop in The middle of the installation the laptop crashed and after that I had the option to choose different options to boot devices But when I choose one of the options every time the laptop crashed and I had only failures... Whatever now I have a black screen when I turn on the laptop the HP logo and Nothing after all I can't boot anything or recover everything... Please help the laptop is brand new and I am very sad I will be waiting for a reply as soon as possible you can Thank you a lot

Just to concentrate on parts of the post.

If it is new then there should be an F11 Recovery option back to the Factory Fresh condition.

OR  Try a Hard Reset

Turn the computer over, look for a battery compartment door to determine if your computer has a removable battery or not.

If you see a battery compartment door, your computer has a removable battery. Remove the battery.
If you do not see battery compartment door, your computer does not have a removable battery.

This is valid for most notebooks; Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to complete the reset.

Re-insert any battery you removed.

ENVY 17 2D/3D and ENVY 15-3000 series:
Press and hold the power and the Beats buttons for 8 to 10 seconds;

Folio 13: Press and hold the power button for 8 to 10 seconds;

ENVY 14 SPECTRE: Press and hold the power and the Mute buttons (on the right side of the palm rest) for 8 to 10 seconds.

EliteBook Folio 1040 G1/G2:
Press and hold the power and the Mute buttons at the same time for 15 seconds or until the computer restarts.

BIOS recovery for most Laptops, as a last resort…

WinKey + B + PWR for 1 second.

OR

WinKey + V + PWR for 1 second.

############  ##### #####

Or try and make your own Repair/Recovery/Rebuild/Re-Install media (or you may already have done so) and do a repair...

W10 Repair.png

If in doubt please ask.

0 Kudos
Evoliasmenos Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post

Boot&Bios Problem

It hasn't any door for anything so it isn't with a bios battery...right? it's all construction solid...the only way is to disassembly the laptop to see something but I won't to do it myself...the option with the f11 doesn't respond so what other options I have?think that I turn on the laptop and it seems the hp logo and then nothing
0 Kudos
Evoliasmenos Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post

Boot&Bios Problem

I used the winkey+b+power button the laptop turned on it makes a new copy of the bios but it didn't worked properly...it shows me the message

An error occurred...cmos battery error 502 etc...
0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
5905 200 510
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post

Boot&Bios Problem

Hi

The CMOS battery is a small coin sized battery that may need replacing.

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-cmos-2625826

Also you may need to use a Recovery Disk/Media.  Perhaps you already created one.

If in doubt please ask.

0 Kudos
Evoliasmenos Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post

Boot&Bios Problem

Hello I followed all the instructions but I had no results...i am on the level to flash in a is stick the official bios versions and make tries to the laptop...i have 4 options for the bios version...i will send again when I try and the 4 options
0 Kudos
Evoliasmenos Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post

Boot&Bios Problem

Finally the laptop works correctly with the right version of the bios from Hp support site...it opened and I moved to a clean installation...thank you all for your help goodnight from Greece...
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation