Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-5001na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi

is it possible to buy and download the recovery media online. i have a HP Omen 15-5001na  notebook bought from a friend. But he lost the recovery disc. I want to buy the original recovery media from HP. unfortunately HP does not ship the media to Dubai.

Need the experts advise on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Can't you just make Them using HP Recovery Manager?
Should be here "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Recovery Manager" Or look for "Rebecca.EXE" 

HP Recommended

Hi Many thanks for the prompt response.

Unfortunately the preinstalled OS was removed by fresh installation of a cracked OS. I don't like the Crack version.

That's the reason I want to buy the original recovery media.

HP Recommended

The recovery partition MIGHT still be there...  Can you still get into the OS? If so Look for "Computer Management"  then look on the left side for "storage", click that.. See if your Recovery Partition is still there...

HP Recommended

Unfortunately no.

Only C drive is there.

HP Recommended

well that's to bad...
Only thing I Can think of is to ship it twice...  If you have a friend you can ship it to, then have them ship it to you..
Or use a Mail Forwarding Service, its really just the same thing. Just using a company to forward it...

HP Recommended

Hi, @RaselBD 

I don't understand why there was a cracked version of W8.1 on your PC.

You can install a completely legal version of W8.1 by making your own installation media from the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO

Some PC's come with W8.1 and some come with W8.1 Single Language, and there is no way to tell at first.

So, what I recommend is you download the plain W8.1 64 bit ISO file first.

I have zipped up and attached the Microsoft utility below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

When you go to install W8.1, it should not ask for a product key.

If it does, go back and download the W8.1 single language 64 bit ISO file.

One of those two files should work for you.

After W8.1 has installed, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-OMEN-15-5000-Notebook-PC/7281265/model/7523593

HP Recommended

People get cracked copies because its cheap..

Why wouldn't it ask a product key? He has a Clean formated Hard dirve.. It even says on that link.. "If you will be installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key" What am I missing here?

HP Recommended

You are missing the fact that ever since W8 came out, PC manufacturers are required to install the Windows product key in the BIOS.

You do not need any product key to download the software from Microsoft.

So as long as you are installing the right version of Windows the key is good for, it will never ask you for a product key.

I have installed W8.1 and W10 countless times on many PC's and have never had to enter a product key.

The only exception to this is if you have a PC with a W8 product key in the BIOS, there are no W8 ISO files available for download, so you have to download W8.1, enter a generic product key and after W8.1 has finished installing you change the generic W8.1 product key for the W8 product key in the BIOS.

The reason that works is because W8 offers a free upgrade to W8.1, but if you try to enter the W8 product key in the beginning, it won't work.  For some reason it only works after W8.1 is installed.

There is special free software you can use that shows you both the windows product key and the version of windows that is installed in the BIOS of any PC with W8 or newer.

I have zipped that utility up and attached it below if you ever need to use it.

HP Recommended

Neat! I didn't know they put it right In the BIOS.  How cool!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.