Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (139 Views)

C-Drive Free Space Decreasing Fast For No Reason

Product Name: Stream 11
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently bought the HP Stream 11 and for some reason every time i use it the space on my C-Drive  free space keeps on decreasing and since it is the stream model i only have 21GB of space. i tried: Disk Cleanup, emptying the recycle bin and arranging the restore setting, however its still decreasing. i lost about 4 GB in a matter of 3 days and the programs i downloaded are not as large as the space lost.

Please Help

Thanks

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (105 Views)

Re: C-Drive Free Space Decreasing Fast For No Reason

[ Edited ]

Welcome to HP Forums @cityking11,

Thanks for the post, I understand that you want to know why you are losing disk space on your Stream 11 notebook. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

When you start using any computer for the first time and connect it to the internet. Windows update and driver updates will automatically get installed, which occupy a lot of space. Recommend you to try the articles below to overcome low disk space issues. 

HP PCs - Resolving Low Disk Space Errors

HP PCs - Error: Additional Disk Space Needed To Use The Push-Button Reset Feature To Refresh Your PC

HP PCs - Size of Disk Drive Does Not Match Specifications

Keep me posted.

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Provost
Message 3 of 3 (96 Views)

Re: C-Drive Free Space Decreasing Fast For No Reason

cityking11

There is one more possible way of recovering disk space -- and that is using a system feature that was introduced in Windows 8 -- as described in this thread:   http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/44351-winsxs-folder-component-store-clean-up-windows-8-1-a.html

I do this all the time, and although it does not always recover a lot of disk space, it does help shrink down the space used by Windows Update.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation