cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

C formated. How can I reset from HD recovery partition??

HP Recommended
Pavillion Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I been forced to format C drive. How can I reset my system using HD recovery partition or create a USB recovery disk??

1 REPLY 1
Level 21
Level 21
126,219 116,400 18,896 28,833
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe if you have formatted the C:\ drive, you have wiped out the recovery manager program.

You can clean install W8.1 64 bit by downloading the plain W8.1 64 bit ISO file from the link below.

Download Windows 8.1 Disc Image (ISO File) (microsoft.com)

Use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable, or you can use a different utility such as Rufus for this purpose.

Since the recovery partition is basically useless space, you may want to delete it during the W8.1 installation process to free up more space for your programs and files.

After W8.1 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation