02-17-2012 08:07 PM
Hi, I recently tried to perform a complete system recovery of my laptop. I have an HP Pavilion dv6t-6b00 preloaded with Windows 7.
I tried to to this directly from the factory partition, but HP Recovery Manager would not let me. It said "Disabled: Please use recovery media..." so I ended up creating a set of discs and used that instead, which worked. What want to know is how can I enable this function?
This is what my HP Recovery Manager screen looks like. On the right, there is an option to remove the factory partition to free up space, but it won't let me click it.
Advice would be appreciated!
02-18-2012 05:50 PM
After I resetted to factory settings, it still said Disabled. It was Disabled when I first bought the computer, I think. Does HP not allow recovering in this manner? I haven't touched the D Partition. Since I was able to make the disks, does that mean that it should be working? I already read the page on the HP website about how to recover, but It didn't say anything about this.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)