Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G62 Laptop

Hello, thank you for reading this. I have run into an issue while trying to install Windows 10 on my step mother's G62 laptop. I am using a DVD i just burned on my PC. When I click "Install now", it gives me an error that says, "A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard Disk Driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now.". I do not know why it is doing this. Please help me. Thank you for your time. have a great day!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

W10 should not need any specific drivers to install on that model.

Normally when you get that error, you either got an incomplete ISO file download, or you had a bad burn of the DVD.

If you are sure you got the whole ISO file to download, then burn the ISO file to a DVD by using the slowest possible burn speed you can select on your DVD burning program's options.

Then see if W10 will install.

Or if your notebook has the ability to boot from a USB flash drive, transfer the ISO file to a 4 GB USB flash drive by using the tool I zipped up and attached below.

HP Recommended

I used the USB DVD tool, and I made sure I have the right windows 10 ISO, I got it from the Media Creation Tool. I tried using my portable HDD as an install unit, it works in my PC, not the laptop. I do not have a USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if you can borrow a USB flash drive from someone.

It just has to be at least 4 GB in size, and it can't have any files on it, because that tool will format the flash drive.

There are no drivers that W10 needs in order to install on that model series.

HP Recommended

Alright, I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestions! 🙂

HP Recommended
You're very welcome.

If your PC has a DVD burning program, you can use the Burn ISO file option, select the slowest burn speed you can.

If you don't, there is a great DVD program you can install for free called CD Burner XP.

That program has a burn ISO file option, and allows you to select a burn speed.
HP Recommended

Alright, I will try that. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Right now, I think I will just install windows 7 on it...

HP Recommended

Alright, Windows 7 installer works fine... Not sure what the problem was.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.