Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@thanfun wrote:

:LaughingTears:  after new BIOS update (F.45 Rev.A, 17 May 2017) from HP, SUCCESSFUL update (not clean install) to Microsoft windows Creators Update (without any change to BIOS settings) !!!

I have downloaded and installed BIOS update (F.45 Rev.A, 17 May 2017) from HP. I am now able to boot into Windows CU with TPM enabled. I have not tried to update to Windows CU from Window AU. I may give it a try this weekend.

HP Recommended

@thanfun wrote:

Maybe you can try to disable the windows driver signature verification and then try again to install drivers for LAN.

http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-drivers/how-to-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-on-windows-1...

Or try to find/install/update LAN drivers from Microsoft (via system device manager).

Or you can try LAN drivers from one other laptop (non HP, non with APU AMD Carrizo A10-8700P, with same LAN adapter) that run normaly Windows CU.

Is that the ID of your LAN adapter? From system device manager: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_80B5103C&REV_07

if yes you can try drivers for other laptops from this page https://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/realtek-pcie-fe-family-controller/download/216237754/F7E211D05...

No the ID of my LAN adapter is slightly different.

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_80B0103C&REV_07

I may try some more LAN adapter drivers this weekend.  In the past when they fail to install they crash Windows CU so badly that I can never boot from that partition again. I have to restore a Macrium Reflect image and go from there.

HP Recommended

I think no need to try any driver, just need to update your BIOS to newest and all will be ok :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

You are correct my wise friend. I never even considered that the new F.45 BIOS update might fix both the TPM and the LAN adaptor incompatibility issues, but it did. Both the old driver that Windows CU installed during a clean install and the newest driver from Realtek both work now without any issue. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

I now am confident that even a update from Windows AU to Windows CU will now work although I have not personally tried this route yet. I know you previouly posted that it worked fine for you and I am glad that you have pointed this out as well.

I think this information will help other HP users that have had these issues.

HP Recommended

when I updated the bios it worked I am so glad

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.