Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi i am trying to install windows 7 on my laptop that was born with win10. I partitioned my disk as every website says and i made a bootable usb that should work. Sadly when i get to the installation i get the error of the missing drivers (which is quite common) sadly trying to change port or modifying bios did not work. I also tried checking my drivers. Do you have any suggestion? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunately there are only W10 drivers for the Radeon graphics if you have the Radeon 5xx GPU.

So, while it would be possible to install W7 on that model, the graphics wouldn't work and what good would that be?

Also if your notebook has an Intel 3168AC wifi adapter, that won't work on W7 either.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

This most likely will be due to not having USB 3.0 drivers. Windows 7 does not include USB 3.0 drivers by defafult unlike 8.1 and 10 and because of this most likely you will be unable to boot. You can also check the BIOS and make sure Legecy BIOS is enabled and Secure Boot is disabled. 

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

Hi i will try asap. When solved i ll rate u 308 stars😂

@Dudefoxlive wrote:

This most likely will be due to not having USB 3.0 drivers. Windows 7 does not include USB 3.0 drivers by defafult unlike 8.1 and 10 and because of this most likely you will be unable to boot. You can also check the BIOS and make sure Legecy BIOS is enabled and Secure Boot is disabled. 

HP Recommended

Hi, @Win7forever 

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

The product number can be found on the same label as the serial number.

Please do not post the serial number.

If your notebook has an Intel 8th gen core processor, you will not be able to install W7 on there.

HP Recommended

Hp laptop 15-bs0xx

Processor intel(r) core(tm) i5-7200u cpu @ 2.50ghz 2.70ghz

HP Recommended

What graphics does it come with?

If it only has the onboard Intel graphics, this might be doable.  If your notebook has an AMD graphics adapter, there are no W7 drivers for it.

Anyway, use this tool to put the USB3 drivers into your W7 USB installation media...either that, or if your PC has a DVD drive, and you have a W7 installation DVD, you should not get the needs a driver error.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_windowsimagetool.zip

HP Recommended

Even if you manage to get Windows 7 installed on the computer you are going to run into issues with updating Windows. This is due to Microsoft not allowing older version of Windows to run on 7000 series and 8000 series Intel CPUs. While you can install most likely you will get a message about Unsupported Hardware and you also lose the ability to Update Windows.

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

Can i avoid to update win7 after installation then? Because windows 10 is something i don t want to work with. For the graphic card i have both intel and radeon dedicated

HP Recommended

Unfortunately there are only W10 drivers for the Radeon graphics if you have the Radeon 5xx GPU.

So, while it would be possible to install W7 on that model, the graphics wouldn't work and what good would that be?

Also if your notebook has an Intel 3168AC wifi adapter, that won't work on W7 either.

HP Recommended

This is quite sad since i despise win10... Does it change sonething that my win7 is ultimate? Could i get a win8 to work? Is there any way to dump win10? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.