Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

After updating today the computer is not accepting my facial recognition or password.  (Windows10)

\message Sorry something went wrong

Your PIn is nolonger available due to a change in security settings on this computer.  You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings Accounts Sign-in options. How can I get to this without the password. Have tried safe screen but that also asks for and does not accept password. Help all my college work on on this computer.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@susanmilam HP recommends using a Microsoft account for signing into Windows. Using a Microsoft account offers many benefits, including easy password recovery. If you currently have a local user account, consider switching to a Microsoft account after recovering or changing your current password. Go to Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10) for more information.

NOTE: 

If you cannot sign in with your original password, make sure caps lock is not on and the keyboard layout matches your country/region. If available, use other methods to sign in, such as a password hint, PIN, or a picture password.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@BitlifeAPP,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! 

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the Windows version you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So Sorry for the delay, I have been out of own for a funeral, with no Wi-fi access.

It is an HP ENVY x360 convertible  13-ag0998na, running windows10.

The computer ran a windows update on 18/9 when it restarted the facial recognition would not work and it said it needed a pin to sign in. When you press keypad symbol it comes up with message " Your pin is nolonger available due to a change in security settings on this device. You can set up your Pin again by going to settings - accounts - Sign in options. Every time I put password in it says it is incorrect. If I go into safe mode it still requires a password which it says is incorrect.

HP Recommended

@susanmilam I get uncomfortable with funerals, probably because I don't know what to say, so I hope you don't hold that against me, that said, here's a few things you need to do, and I hope your day gets better:

• Note: If you're worried that someone has unauthorized access to your account, see Recover your Microsoft account and Security info & verification codes.
  • To reset a PIN when you're trying to sign in:
    • On the sign-in screen, select I forgot my PIN below the PIN text box. If there are multiple accounts on the PC, choose the one you need to reset. If you don't see I forgot my PIN, select Sign-in options and choose the password option. Then reset your PIN after you've signed in.

• On the Enter your password screen, type the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Next. You can reset your password if you've forgotten it too.

• On the Help us protect your info screen, choose to receive your security code either as a text or email message. If you select text, type the last four digits of your phone number, and then select Send CodeLearn more about security info and verification codes.

• When you get the code as a text or email message on a separate device, enter it on the Enter the code you received screen, and then select Next.

• In the Set up a PIN dialog box, enter your new PIN and confirm it. Your new PIN is set.

• If you remember your PIN and sign in successfully, you can then change the PIN to a number you'll remember more easily next time.
  • To change a PIN when you're signed in:
    • Go to Start   > Settings  > Accounts Sign-in optionsNote: If you've just updated your computer to Windows 10, go to Start   > Settings  > Network and Internet. Make sure you're connected to the internet. If you aren't, connect and then try signing in with your PIN again.

• Tap or click I forgot my PIN and then set up your new PIN.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.