Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite Pad 1000 G2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi!

While doing a Secure Erase from BIOS  I've got a message on the black screen:

"The HP remote secure erase for this system has been executed by your IT department, erasing the operating system and personal data as a result of loss, theft or vulnerability.

This operation will restart every time you reboot until the operation is complete.

Please contact your support team for further instruction or if you have concerns."

Is that a normal message? Because nothing has happend for a long time, I turned off my pad by pressing a power button. Next when I tried to turn the pad on, it says:

"Boot device not found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk

Hard disk (3F0)

F2 System diagnostic"

And when push F2 button, then came another error message:

"The HP BIOS application selected is corrupted or missing. Please install the application and try again.

BIOS application error (501)

ENTER - Continue"  - which returns back to the 3F0 error.

I tried to install a new BIOS version from USB memory stick as you advise on your support website, but my pad doesn't recognise it. The key combination WinLogo key + B during reboot does'nt seems to work in tablet even when I have the productivity jacket with keyboard.

I can move forward with Microsoft media creation tool (downloaded from Microsoft's website), but it requires a windows 25-character product key, which I don't have. I have investigate my tablet, but there is no label with winsows key...

I have access to BIOS (current version is 1.30), but I can't start Windows. HP Hardware Diagnostics passed a storage and memory component tests, but system test failed.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Dima Matjushin

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.