Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

well,  the driver is  bad or the port is burned out. 

you have the driver, its in his post., there is only one reason for it  not loading .  DM tells you its missing.

why "?" is it is missing?  how about other deeper corruption of the OS.  preventing it from loading .

the only way to rule that out. is by reloading the OS.

F11 reload it, back to factory day one.

here is your mobo for sale,  see that big chip (intel, and ? chip its BUFFER {ethernet}

that is Ethernet chip (intel expresss} and its RJ47 connector.

the driver must match the controller  chip.   and chip with ? must be good too. as seen below.

the ? chip can blow out, with lightnening, sure. (as all things can) it bet its OK !

chip.JPG

the DM hidden things you see mean this.: (DM view hidden) we now learn the HP has and W10 patch to make the express chip show up in DM,  see my links here)
DM views: (unhide mode)shows..

1: Things once loaded  .

2: wrong drivers loaded now shut off (if you load wrong drivers, things can get messed up.

3: features removed by you and driver is not dormant.

why not do a F11 , reload of the OS/?  see it it comes back ,feet on the ground.

Im now over at HP.com  to readoing  the full product spec. there.

and it tells me your Intel processor uses a HM76 express chip set,  (this is ethernet controller on board it)

aka. GLUE LOGIC:

this controller can not drive the actual, RJ45 port directly and must use a powerful I/O ethernet buffer chip see above

this is how it works, there is no Realtek there.  it's intel. (inside fully in the regard)

so if the DM show no ports at all that means you scrambled the HM76 driver. (or the intel DM patch is missing)

see
?

hm76.JPG

this PHY is mr,. ethernet.  imagine a wire from there to that unknown, buffer chip ? in previous photos.

That is the best i can  do,  not having the MOBO in my grubby hands, and eyes on exact chips there.

here is your document. (deep details  matter)

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04341736.pdf

if you have that express chip then the 82579 driver from Intel or HP works.

the express chip is that huge black/green chip seen above, that has the ethernet deep deep inside.

i have  USB stick called PCI scanner that boots and tells me all major chips on mother boards.

intel has pages all about the huge chip and this exact sub part

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000005658.html

here is a great PCI scanner program that can be used to find whats inside any pc, 

he demonstrates finding it as an  intel chip (8086 means intel) and what exact chip is there, the chips talk to you at this level of magic, PCI scanned,  this magic works great on PC that are old (10yo +) and no support, we use this to learn

whats really there.

http://pcdied.com/pci-101.html

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

in a shop we have  Linux disk boot, live linux and a live windows PE disk  (4 disks we have,  or more, to do all PC)

Live boot CDs or Live bood sticks (I personally have a box of live boot sticks)

that when booted LIVE STICK, can test this chip.

if that works, we know your HDD Enternet stack or OS is corrputed in minutes, see the port run ok now?>

if yes, then the HW is ok.

leaving you with a corrputed OS,

one can sometime correct corruption, with but can take days if virus infected, getting it all out can take days.

or remove HDD an scan it as an external HDD and clean it with AV scanners.

the simple fix is F11.

be personal data backed up first.

this is what I do,  and no help desk on a phone anywhere can do that.

takes hand on work with tools.

HP Recommended

"Bunch of stuff I may have downloaded in error trying to solve this problem."

this always messes things up, guessing like that.

the correct method is. (was)

only use HP drivers off the correct HP page, matching your exact PC, model and exact OS.

if not, you will scramble its brains, badly.

or at the time before you did that,  connect with WIFI not Ethernet and right click the driver ETHERNET and update it.

those are the only correct ways,,,, (vast wrong ways exist, for sure those virsus infected driver update pages seen in google endless and BAD to the BONE, bad web sites, not HP are endless now, and some are very dangerous.)

the cure is F11

power on, tap f11 like woodywoodpecker.  and bam HP restore mode, goes LIVE.

DM , updates to ethernet via MS Pnp fix, using right click (below is mine not yours,  HP uses many chips here)

update.JPG

HP Recommended

here is the intel driver,  see these, first 4, ? no realtek  its INTEL.

somewhere in this pit, is the 82579 code (intel ethernet channel driver code)   be nice if HP told that in details but , no.

do not change any BIOS (via flashing it) or firmware, or you will make it WORSE.!!

see this, the first one even says, make DM find my express chip bits.  (under details)

when you mess up drivers.  use F11 to fix it.

or learn to reload them all (drivers) step by step, and in the CORRECT order.

remove the bad ones, then put back the correct drivers, or its hopeless.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-d000-touchsmart-notebook-pc-series/6627588/mo...

HP Recommended

just to help you understand the HP docs can be hard to decoded. for sure the driver page.

here is wifi , here is all chips used for wifi,  on this whole generation of NOTEBOOK

and can also be more, if not in USA< other countries, laws on RF energy vary so, does the wifi chip.s or G3 or G4 etc.

I Post this to teach you that the Reltek is not ethernet, its there wireless module OPTION. wlan.JPG

Now the other HP distracting facts.

error 1, the full spec calls it a card, and even the almighty NIC word,

no its not a NIC, (nice means network interface CARD) its no CARD like seen on some desktops PCI cards.

its a CHIP and is not one chip ( it's express _+ a buffer)  {infact that buffer even has lightening and ESD protections inside)

the Ethernet is not REALTEK as some PCs are,   nor Broadcom or others. we can post a full list but is , digressive.

this PC has the ethernet logic controller for FREE, deep inside that huge express chip.

so the only driver that works is INTELS !  (in pure truth)

HP driver with intel driver inside, or both sources.

on of the HP , intel drivers, have it deep inside,

i could download all 4 drivers and look inside and find it but,  is to no use.

learn that ,

1: the OS must not be corrupted.

2: the drivers all loaded, not just 1, all of them,

3: and loaded in the correct order, as the F11 does.

4: some PC from HP have  program  called SOFTPAQ that does #2 and 3 above, like clockwork,  easy

if not, things will fail.

so in a word, load all  drivers now,  in the correct order seen on the HP page. or F11 it. and move on.

here are the HP words and my marked off errors.  there is no card, nor NIC, here...  (this is from the full series spec.)

nic-bsJPG.JPG

if HP used the correct words here, it might cure vast confusion,  seem to me....

i bet there is no hardware HW failures....

HP Recommended

When I click F11 it does not work nothing happens. Plus I see nothing anywhere which says WLAN Module. In all 4 of the adapters you listed in the WLAN Module, I'm very familiar with seeing the last one on the bottom which is the REALTEK WIFI ADAPTER. Besides that in trying to understand what you are saying is like another language (Tech Talk). I know something is wrong or more then one can be wrong leading to me not having a LAN adapter or Lost LAN Adapter. But I don't understand the Cure. I tried The F key then 11  I also clicked a single key at the top of keyboard which says F11 nothing happens. The Wifi key is next to it with a blue light on it I guess cause its in use, before since I been having computer it was always  a yellow color. I never used WiFi on my notebook now and that sucks. When I press the WIFI key nothing happens, it stays the same. I keep my LAN wire plug to the notebook & modems switching from time to time hoping to get lucky. It's all I know how to do. I'm not a tech person and clueless. You explain to help me understand VERY WELL. I thankyou for taking so much time with me. 2 weeks on he same issue with no resolve is a long time. I'm trying to locate the power cord for an Older laptop I have and connect it .  Or buy a used one. You never know. But I got to keep trying something till I have no more options left since I'm not Tech smart. Thank you so much 🙂

HP Recommended

All are from HP page. But all disappeared  after after REBOOT like I said. No more WAN Miniports.. No Realtek PCIe GBE Family to Update.  The only thing in NETWORK ADAPTERS is the WIFI adapter nothing else.

HP Recommended

I will try WOODPECKERING F11 like you said and see what happens.. Thanks

HP Recommended

When I click F11 it does not work nothing happens.

The HP site has guides on how to do this, millions can read this and do this and have, from 1982 to now...

its fully documenting , how to do RESTORE OS>

Plus I see nothing anywhere which says WLAN Module. (that is wireless, you posted to WIRED)

again, your PC uses the INTEL express chip, driver, to run the express chip wired ethernet logic,

there no wired card nor is there any NIC card, here, the ethernet logic circuits are buried real deep in that INTEL express chip.

In all 4 of the adapters you listed in the WLAN Module, I'm very familiar with seeing the last one on the bottom which is the REALTEK WIFI ADAPTER.

I listed them to show that they are NOT YOUR CHIP in questions,  I listed every chip used for lan , ever on on the PC for  all generations of said PC, to make it clear that getting the wrong driver is so easy..

Besides that in trying to understand what you are saying is like another language (Tech Talk).

The PC has over 3 million transistors, 5 maybe and 3million registry bits.  too.

and is TECh comptures are max tech, it's no toaster, not in the least. but is not rocket science but is if you read how .24 micron transistor features sizes were done (yes, magic )

I know something is wrong or more then one can be wrong leading to me not having a LAN adapter or Lost LAN Adapter. But I don't understand the Cure

there are only 3 cures.

1: F11

2: LOAD ALL DRIVERS SEEN.

3: GET IT FIXED BY ANY TECH. he/she does know what to do.

. I tried The F key then 11  I also clicked a single key at the top of keyboard which says F11 nothing happens.

The Wifi key is next to it with a blue light on it I guess cause its in use, before since I been having computer it was always  a yellow color.

That wifi lamp needs a working driver too for it to work properly,  if it acts odd then those drivers are scrambled too.

I never used WiFi on my notebook now and that sucks. YES WIFI IS A ROYAL PITA.  but ok with zero alternates.

I use it only for people visiting my home, we run 100% gigalan here, on all TV, DVD and PCs;' we have jacks in all rooms for that.

When I press the WIFI key nothing happens, it stays the same. (you have scrambled all the HP drivers by (my guess)

loading drivers from NONE HP sources. or worse. infected, so F11 fixes that too..... for sure.

I keep my LAN wire plug to the notebook & modems switching from time to time hoping to get lucky.

It's all I know how to do.

I'm not a tech person and clueless,,  (all you to know is this, see end of this page.)

. You explain to help me understand VERY WELL. your very WELCOME !!!

I thankyou for taking so much time with me. 2 weeks on he same issue with no resolve is a long time. I'm trying to locate the power cord for an Older laptop I have and connect it . 

USERS 101:

1: NEED A NON INFECTED AND CORRUPTED OS.

2: NEED ALL , HP DRIVERS LOADED.

3: NEED GOOD HARWARE. (IM SURE THIS IS OK.,)

the F11 key sure does work. (assumes nobody wrecked the recovery partition)

do you need the guide on that. its here, used by millions..

why not load the 4 top intel drivers in that page i linked.

go to your PC< by model

type w10 64b, (what it is)

then see the top of that list, see those first ones? see them called INTEL.

if you load those the EXPRESS chip will start doing its job, that means ETHERNET STARTS TO WORK.

there is no other way besides F11.

now we go to the famous HP F11 page (F10 on XP ,junkers)

the other way is buy the HP offical recover media kit,   this alway works , no matter WHAT (hardware ok)

F11 facts: 

F11 works if someone did not delete files..  THE BIOS is hard code to launch the HP recovery system;

press the key , when power on.  POST, per this page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02062639?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0008

did this pc come with W10 new>? OR ADDED,?

DID YOU BUY THE pc NEW, 

try to know, i cant know the full history of any PC. (its sponge of horrors yes)

did you let micro soft update this for free last year? that kills F11 dead.but not the media kits from HP,

you must hit F11 key rapidly at power one,  if you go to windows login  screen ,then F11 fails.

GO in to BIOS.

click Esc at power on. this MUST WORK, (its in ROM)

some HP have a F11 key  listed here.  press F11 now. 

i think your pc was new with W10,  best I can tell.

64bit too.

and the F11 key worked on that day, if you pressed it at POST (power on self test)

seems you might need a new recovery manager APP (program)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

HP Recommended

I rebooted and as the computer was turning back on I did the WOODPECKER thing on F11 as you said. I notice it turned of the WiFi connection and put the AIRPLANE Mode.  It said I had no internet connections. I reconnected to WIFI and went straight to Network adaptors. ALL the WAN Minniports is back but not the RealTek PCIe GBE Family as in your illustration. So I right click on the Wifi Adapter to UPDATE DRIVER SOFTWARE. It appeared to do that. But everything still the same. It did not install the LAN adapter. I may have to try again,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.