Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yeah lol, I was one of the HAPPY ones. I hated 8.1 and Loved W 10. It reminded me of W7/8/XP.  8.1 was a complete windows failure for me. I hated it thats why I was so quick to jump on the Bandwagon. Lol. But besides what you just posted I clicked on the link you left for me to click on for recovery. In all the info there I also found out my windows 10  (14393) is and Old version which needed to be updated. Even for those of us who have the FREE W 10. I'm doing this now. Maybe it will help.  If not I will try the other things or consider this battle a LOSS and move on to another PC eventually. Its just sad I left it on during bad weather it was working GREAT. The the power outage happened. This was not the 1st time I had a power outage during bad weather My PC survived worst weather with power outage. but this was one time too many. The funy thing is my PC works GREAT even now  on WIFI (by the way, Wifi on the same Modem) and every Program works. The only problem is to hard wire connect to the internet. Well it's now 8 hours straight today i tried to get it going. Again I Thank You so much.

HP Recommended

Okay W10 update is completed. Wow! it is AWESOME. I love it.  There are many more new things I did not have before. The Bad news is the update did not solve my Wired internet problem. No wired internet Icon either. However I did find the the LAN Driver

sp64340.exe

internet download in a folder. I clicked on it to download to my computer. It says I need  an App to open it. I can download one from the App Store it says. There are some free ones also. It's 10pm I been at this all day(12 straight hours).  I will  start again on Tuesday.  I feel a little better with the W10 update.  I'm also keeping in mind the things you posted like those Intel Chips, etc. Thanks..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.