Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dw2023nj 2U401EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey

Got a brand new HP Notebook 15-dw2023nj 2U401EA, comes with no OS (as purchased).

While trying to install Windows 10 64bit using a bootable Flash Drive, I'm getting error 0xc0000017c (picture attached).

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-10 at 12.18.27.jpeg

The same flash drive is working on any other PC/Laptop I checked.

How can I proceed with installing Windows?

Cheers

Dor.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dmosko Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to install the windows 10 operating system.

HP Doesn't recommend installing the OS using a retail copy of windows, as you can always utilize the HP Recovery media to install the OEM back anytime. 

If you didn't create one on your computer after it was purchased, as mentioned before, 

you could always order one online using this link, However, If you want to go ahead and install the retail copy of Windows either way: Click here (An HP Expert has provided the steps that should help your cause) 

Please follow the below steps to identify and resolve this concern: 

Step 1: Perform a hard reset 

HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset 

Step 2: Restore BIOS default settings 

Step 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI (In your case, Skip to Step 4) 

Step 4: Run a hardware test on the hard drive using the below links: 

If the test fails, it's a hardware failure and you will need to contact the HP phone support for a hardware service: Click here 

If it passed, order a new set of recovery media using the Official HP website. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.